Do your friends look to you for advice on things you’re passionate about, such as which car to buy, how to repair appliances or how to make a killer cheesecake? Whatever your area of expertise, if you are also a seasoned writer with an infectious enthusiasm for a particular topic, consider becoming an online expert guide. Freelancing means provide your services to your clients using your special skills. Most of your clients are temporary.
Best examples to consider as a Freelancer –
For example, About.com guides write articles or reviews in their area of expertise. They earn no less than $725 a month, but some make more than $100,000 a year depending on year-over-year, page-view growth.
Also try Chacha.com, a new search engine similar to Google and Yahoo, and click on “Become a Guide” for more information. At JustAnswer.com, users agree to pay for the answers to their questions. Guides are paid a percentage of the pre-negotiated price per answer and the number of accepted answers received. Go to Just Answer to find out how.
You can leave them as & when you want. You can work on your own terms & still make lots of money. Truly, freelancing is one of the best online jobs to earn money. All you need in this business is some skills. It can be anything. If you know something more demanding, you will make more money.
Also you should remember that, things you can do easily might be difficult as hell for others!
How Freelancing works –
Skills like writing, online promotion, web design, coding, singing, advising, creating videos, photography, image editing & many. Freelance writing is one of the most popular ways to earn money online.
It takes dedication and time, though it can be highly profitable. Assuming it is what you love, let’s talk about making money with it. Before you decide to start reaching out to all of these freelance writing companies, you need to have a web presence. i.e. a portfolio blog or well managed LinkedIn profile!
Best websites to start Freelancing –
Yes, even a LinkedIn profile works to get started. Now for what you’ve all been waiting for; once you’re ready to actually start making money, here are 10 websites you can start with –
- Listverse – Listverse pays $100 for each accepted post. The article must be a list, it must be at least 1,500 words and you must include at least 10 things. Other than that, you can get pretty creative with it.
- TopTenz – TopTenz pays $50 for each accepted post. Again, the article has to be in a list format and it must be at least 1,500 words, with few exceptions. They post often so your chances of getting accepted are fairly high.
- A List Apart – A List Apart pays $200 for each accepted post. They’re not first on the list, because they tend to publish less articles, which means you have a smaller chance of getting accepted. Same guidelines as above, 1,500 word minimum.
- International Living – International Living pays $75 for each accepted post. They are mostly looking for travel experiences from countries you have visited. For this site, it’s more about your experience than your writing ability.
- FundsforWriters – FundsforWriters pays $50 for each accepted post. They are looking for articles about writing and making money with it. They only accept articles between 500-600 words, but they want you to make each word count.
- Uxbooth – Uxbooth pays $100 for each accepted post. They do tend to take four to eight weeks to accept and post articles, so don’t count on this being a quick money maker. They take so long, because they pair with editors to only publish amazing content.
- iWriter – iWriter pays up to $15 for each accepted post. That may seem small, but they aren’t as strict as many of the others above and they also allow you to pick exactly what you write. You can write as many or as few articles as you want.
- Textbroker – Textbroker pays up to five cents per word, if you’re a 5-star writer. You’ll start by submitting a short sample article and you will most likely start as a 3-star writer, but you can work your way up by writing more and writing great content.
- Matador Network – Matador Network pays up to $60 for each accepted post, but standard pay is around $20-$25. They don’t really focus on a minimum word count, but they have a maximum count of 1,500 words.
- The Penny Hoarder – The Penny Hoarder pays up to $800 (rarely), depending upon the number of page views you receive. The pay starts at $100 for 50,000 page views, so this isn’t a guaranteed paid article, but it can potentially be highly rewarding.
There’s no doubt that you can make money with freelance writing, but it’s a process. Once you start building your portfolio and your writing skills, you can start making some serious money. Perhaps you enjoy writing, managing Facebook pages or doing a little bit of graphic design in your spare time. There are so many freelance jobs out there that require simple skills or just time that someone else might not have.
How to become a successful Freelancer –
A great place to start is with the leading freelance site Upwork.com. Or try using our student job search to find freelance jobs closer to home. You can use forums like FunAdvice to make some quick money online by giving advice on the topics you are interested in. You will get points for every valuable post and those points will be converted into dollars. Freelancing is another popular way to make money after AdSense & affiliate marketing. As a freelancer, you can work with small or big companies on a temporary basis & provide them your services. You can work as a content writer, web designer, graphics design or provide services like SEO, data entry & many more.
Unlike Affiliate Marketing, Today, you can decide to become a freelance writer and, if you’re fortunate, get an assignment that very same day. Obviously, the better your skills and training are, the better your projects and freelance writing rates will be.
The Best thing for Freelancing is that, you don’t need your own platform like blog OR vlog. You can just start from your LinkedIn profile OR even from your G+ page! Bottom line is, you should be visible to your clients and your WORK should be justifiable on those platforms.
Today’s freelance writers can choose from a variety of markets. You can write for magazines, either online or in print. You can blog by setting up your own site, or by writing for someone else’s. The market for new articles on the Internet is vast, and there’s plenty of work to go around.
Additionally, book publishers are always looking for the next big book. People need sales letters, white papers, website copy, and e-books. In other words, there’s an ocean of work to do, and if you’re an ambitious writer, you can dive in and profit.
Want to learn more about Freelancing? Get our exclusive FREE PDF guide on How to start making money from Freelancing Today! Just signup here and you will get the Guide in your Inbox within minutes! Also you might want to know How to use your Blog as your Freelancing platform to get more clients.
Some worth to mention chapters included in this FREE guide are –
- Step by step guide on becoming a successful freelancer
- Top Sites where you can work as Freelancer
- 10 mistakes to avoid as Freelancer
- Using your Blog as your platform to get clients
- How to setup Hire Me Section on your Blog
- Cool proven negotiation techniques you can use today with your clients
- How to market yourself as experienced PRO Freelancer even if you are NOT
- How you can Scale up your Freelancing Job as as Online Freelancing Business
and much more …
Let us know your views in comments section. If you have any questions or difficulties as Freelancer, feel free to contact us.